The Evolving Role of Grants Management
The role and function of grants management continues to evolve in organizations across the philanthropic sector, especially in response to current events. As a grants management professional, you are performing new roles, broadening your responsibilities, and expanding your impact throughout your organization. This time of rapid change requires you to develop new skills, communicate differently, and look ahead to the future.
Speakers discuss the evolution of the grants management model, the current state of grantmaking operations in your organization, and how you can reach the next level of effectiveness.
Learn how to
- audit your individual role and current stage in the grants management evolution model;
- create strategies to advance your organization to the next stage in the evolution model;
- develop professional development plans for your career growth; and
- promote the benefits of change to your organization’s leadership.
The workshop was a joint program of PEAK Mideast and Grantmakers of Western Pennsylvania (GWP).
Original air date: October 7, 2020
- Knowledge Management: Capture and apply knowledge to promote learning and improvement.
- Process and Change Management: Plan and monitor processes efficiently and effectively and manage change as needed to contribute to grantmaker's strategic goals and grantee's success.
- Staff and Volunteer Development: Build the capacity of staff and volunteers to be successful in their grantmaking role.
Principles for Peak Grantmaking
Tie Practices to Values - Link grantmaking practices with grantmaker values, integrating values throughout every aspect of grantmaking, to walk the talk and propel the mission.
- Non-member - Free!
- Individual Member - Free!
- Organization Member - Free!
- Consultant (Sole) - Free!
- Consultant (Firm) - Free!