Getting the Real Story from Nonprofit Financials
Financials are just one piece of the story when considering whether or not to make a grant. Coupled with open conversation, financials can provide insights into a nonprofit’s financial situation, sustainability, and overall organizational capacity. Learn how to look at nonprofit financials beyond the numbers and with an eye toward trends in the field.
- Learn how to recognize signs of a financially healthy nonprofit, with a focus on an organization’s unique circumstances
- Understand how to engage nonprofits in conversations about their financial situation and true needs
- Identify financial red flags that warrant further conversation and understand how to formulate appropriate questions based on those red flags
Original air date: September 18, 2018
- Financial Management: Implement financial policies and controls to ensure effective and efficient deployment of financial resources for grantmaking.
Lifecycle of a Grant Competencies
- Planning and Pre-Grant: Design and implement the review process to support an informed grant decision.