Driving Collaboration: Bridging the Gap Between Grantmakers and Grantseekers
In today’s everchanging world, grantmakers, applicants, and grantees need to collaborate to serve the communities that need resources the most. As many funders are re-evaluating how they operate to adapt to the changing environment, what does that mean for how they partner with grantees? And, what challenges facing grantseekers that could be mitigated by funders?
Watch this candid conversation with a funder and a grant writer as they share their perspectives on how we can collaborate better throughout the grantmaking cycle.
Sponsored by Salesforce.org.
Original air date: September 23, 2020
- Communications: Listen to others and communicate effectively.
- Process and Change Management: Plan and monitor processes efficiently and effectively and manage change as needed to contribute to grantmaker's strategic goals and grantee's success.
- Technology Management: Apply technology solutions to grantmaking to support grantmaker applicant, and grantee success.
Lifecycle of a Grant Competencies
- Planning and Pre-Grant: Apply the grantmaker values, mission, and goals to ensure alignment of application process and guidelines.
- Planning and Pre-Grant: Design and implement the review process to support an informed grant decision.
Principles for Peak Grantmaking
Narrow the Power Gap - Use practices and policies to help narrow the power gap between grantmakers and grantseekers, and value equally the resources each brings to their partnerships and use practices and policies to help narrow the power gap.