Tying Grant Practices to Foundation Values
Many in the philanthropic sector are talking about big ideas such as equity and inclusion, narrowing the power gap in our sector, being authentically engaged in our communities, listening and learning from our partners, and living our values in our practice. With this webinar, move from conversation to action. Learn from your peers at the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation about the process they used to define a philosophy of grant practice that stems from their guiding principles and how they continue to question and revise their practices.
Thoughtfully examine how your values are reflected in practices and share questions and concerns with your peers. If you missed this session at the conference (it was packed!) take advantage of this encore presentation.
Viewers will learn about:
- Analyzing and codifying the relationship between a foundation’s grantmaking practice and its values
- Questions and constraints on aligning foundation grantmaking practices and values
- Working together toward greater alignment between foundation values and practices
Original air date: April 25, 2019
Webinar run time: 48 minutes
- Strategic Management: Promote organizational mission and goals and inspire colleagues to achieve them.
Lifecycle of a Grant Competencies
- Planning and Pre-Grant: Apply the grantmaker values, mission, and goals to ensure alignment of application process and guidelines.