Refining Your Financial Due Diligence Process: During the Crisis and Beyond | PEAK2020 Online
Assessing financial health of applicants and grantees is a critical part of the lifecycle of a grant. Funders approach this assessment process in a variety of ways that often involve collecting financial documents, some historical and some future focused, understanding trends and having follow up conversations. However, in order to provide a rapid response to ensure the viability of their grantees in times of crisis and uncertainty, funders are rightly adjusting or suspending many of their processes. In this session, Hilda Polanco explores several questions for funders to consider in assessing financial health at this time.
Original air date: May 19, 2020
- Financial Management: Implement financial policies and controls to ensure effective and efficient deployment of financial resources for grantmaking.
Lifecycle of a Grant Competencies
- Planning and Pre-Grant: Apply the grantmaker values, mission, and goals to ensure alignment of application process and guidelines.
Principles for Peak Grantmaking
Steward Responsively - Manage all entrusted resources—people, finances, reputation, time—with care to balance stewardship with an agile approach to risk.
- Non-member - $55
- Individual Member - $25
- Organization Member - Free!
- Consultant (Sole) - Free!
- Consultant (Firm) - Free!