PEAK2020 Online Keynote | Understanding and Changing Your Foundation's Equity Footprint
Philanthropic institutions know how vital it is to center equity in all facets of their work, from operations to grantmaking practice. But if every organization’s pursuit of equity is unique, how can we learn to approach it effectively? Fortunately, there are some common ways to think about this work and measure our progress. Through extensive work with clients in the philanthropy space, Frontline Solutions has developed the “Equity Footprint” framework. Like a carbon footprint, this tool helps philanthropic leaders analyze the impact of their institutions and help them determine the best path forward.
Sponsored by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
Original air date: May 6, 2020
Principles for Peak Grantmaking
Drive Equity - Build grantmaking practices and policies that minimize bias and support decisions that promote justice, inclusion, and equity.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in grantmaking practices.
- Strategic Management: Promote organizational mission and goals and inspire colleagues to achieve them.
Lifecycle of a Grant Competencies
- Planning and Pre-Grant: Apply the grantmaker values, mission, and goals to ensure alignment of application process and guidelines.
- Planning and Pre-Grant: Design and implement the review process to support an informed grant decision.
- Non-member - $55
- Individual Member - $25
- Organization Member - Free!
- Consultant (Sole) - Free!
- Consultant (Firm) - Free!