PEAK2020 Online Keynote | Philanthropy's Response to COVID-19: The Changing Dimensions of Disaster Philanthropy
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, grantmakers have reacted by making sweeping changes to their grantmaking practices and priorities. With the increased frequency and intensity of events like this one, however, a strategic approach is more and more important.
This session helps funders understand the dynamics of disaster philanthropy and the overall disaster funding landscape, with a focus on using data to guide decisions. Highlights include the disaster lifecycle, the various roles of NGOs during each stage of a disaster, and the need to make investments in recovery, preparedness, and mitigation. You’ll also learn about the challenges NGOs are facing, and how you can be a more effective partner for communities after a disaster, helping them recover better and faster.
This session was sponsored by Blackbaud.
Original air date: May 13, 2020
Principles for Peak Grantmaking
Steward Responsively - Manage all entrusted resources—people, finances, reputation, time—with care to balance stewardship with an agile approach to risk.
- Strategic Management: Promote organizational mission and goals and inspire colleagues to achieve them.
Lifecycle of a Grant Competencies
- Planning and Pre-Grant: Apply the grantmaker values, mission, and goals to ensure alignment of application process and guidelines.
- Non-member - $55
- Individual Member - $25
- Organization Member - Free!
- Consultant (Sole) - Free!
- Consultant (Firm) - Free!