PEAK New Member Orientation
Are you new to PEAK Grantmaking? Looking for a refresher on membership benefits, or interested in learning more about how our resources can transform your grantmaking? Eager to connect with colleagues and our team?
Take a peek at our new member orientation, where we share:
- an overview of the many benefits and resources available to members;
- how to get involved in our community as a member and volunteer;
- tips for navigating CONNECT and our website; and
- a preview of upcoming initiatives and releases, including the launch of new Principles for Peak Grantmaking resources.
Original air date: August 27, 2020
- Staff and Volunteer Development: Build the capacity of staff and volunteers to be successful in their grantmaking role.
Principles for Peak Grantmaking
Tie Practices to Values - Link grantmaking practices with grantmaker values, integrating values throughout every aspect of grantmaking, to walk the talk and propel the mission.
Narrow the Power Gap - Use practices and policies to help narrow the power gap between grantmakers and grantseekers, and value equally the resources each brings to their partnerships and use practices and policies to help narrow the power gap.
Drive Equity - Build grantmaking practices and policies that minimize bias and support decisions that promote justice, inclusion, and equity.
Learn, Share, Evolve - Contribute to building sector-wide knowledge and seek wisdom from others pursuing change and impact.
Steward Responsively - Manage all entrusted resources—people, finances, reputation, time—with care to balance stewardship with an agile approach to risk.