Grants Management Professional Competency Model
PEAK Grantmaking’s Grants Management Professional Competency Model defines the professional knowledge, skills, and abilities expected of grants management professionals, regardless of their area of specialization, the size of their organization, or their role within the field.
By identifying both the functional responsibilities and the knowledge needed for success in every area of grants management, the competencies provide a comprehensive look at the profession. This Model offers everyone working in grants management a direction for professional success.
- Describes what it looks like to be great in your role
- Defines the competencies needed for success across the entire grantmaking profession
- Provides a professional development road-map for grantmaking professionals
- Identifies skills gaps and ways to close them
- Is a tool for professional development NOT performance management