Embedding Equity Inside and Out: How Grantmaking Process and Change Go Hand-in-Hand
Equity isn’t always on everyone’s radar, and yet it needs to be more than in our individual hearts. Even if it’s not the focus or experience of our organizations, how can we effectively embed equity int the grant process? Grants managers sit at the core of knowledge practice and are in a key role to help foundations ask the right questions and hear and see information in ways that matter for impact and social change. In this session, viewers will hear about the various aspects of grants management and explore a knowledge framework for embedding equity into change grantmaking. Using a tool to understand both internal and external engagement will lead to actions that move grant processes, systems, and analysis toward deeper equity understanding and practice.
- explore how grant information can become meaningful change data;
- navigate issues of who gets to ask the questions and make sense of the answers;
- target knowledge leverage points in ongoing foundation activity;
- learn how to “speak up” to power while learning with communities not heard; and
- identify ways to roll safely when we stumble – because we all do.
Original air date: July 24, 2018
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in grantmaking practices.