Beyond Transparency Talk: Smart Ways to Share Your Work
GuideStar's senior director of programs, Eva Nico, discussed ways grantmakers can use GuideStar Nonprofit Profiles to make your intentions more transparent, a useful reality. Eva highlighted why and how foundations like the California Endowment use GuideStar to encourage transparency - in ways that save time and create value for themselves and for their grantees. Furthermore, Eva provided a first look at the upcoming GuideStar Platinum seal of transparency, which encourages organizations to share quantitative information about their progress and results.
During this webinar, participants learned:
- How to act on calls for transparency in ways that are useful for both grantmakers and grantees.
- Ways that grantmakers and grantees can share information that stakeholders actually crave when they ask for more transparency.
- Communications: Listen to others and communicate effectively.
- Knowledge Management: Capture and apply knowledge to promote learning and improvement.
- Technology Management: Apply technology solutions to grantmaking to support grantmaker, applicant, and grantee success.